Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
We are committed to protect your personal and data privacy. To ensure you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying Data (as defined below) relating to you when using our website, mobile and other services, we provide this notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how the Data is being collected and used.
The Data We Collect We request information in several areas of our website, mobile services and other channels. The types of information (“Data”) we collect may include but not limited to:
1. Your personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, passport or other identifiable number and the particulars of your registered status with any of our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates;
2. Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers;
3. Your credit card or other charge cards information including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
4. Your business information such as company name and business title;
5. Your travel details such as flight information and travel companions’ personal information;
6. Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us or on our behalf.
Certain Data (particularly relating to your personal information and contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Data as requested from each specific service, we may be unable to deliver you the services in full.
Purpose for which the Data are Collected and Used
We may use the Data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
1. For your reservation and/or travel services with or through us;
2. For your use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
3. For the supply of any products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time including text message (SMS) alerts;
4. For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services and conducting market research;
5. For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
6. For the provision of reservation confirmation on the products you have booked;
7. To contact you regarding your enquiries;
8. For disclosing the winner of a contest conducted by us or on our behalf;
9. To disclose to a third party to comply with the law or a legal requirement such as immigration and customs control and/or border control agencies;
10. To facilitate the collection of payment for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the Data you provide to carry out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties). We may also use the Data you provide to improve our security in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
11. For the use of any of our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any services such companies and associates may be offering to you from time to time.
We may from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design our website and/or to improve our services and products. This means we may provide this information to third parties. However, this information will never identify any single user in particular.
Except as provided below, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Data provided to us in ways unrelated to the purposes aforementioned.
How to Access or Correct Your Data
You are entitled to access or correct any Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that the Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by us may be sent to us at the following email address: [email protected]
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information, such as logging in for every page.
Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
During the booking process so that we can remember your selections.
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site, and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
To store your chosen country homepage destination.
Third Party Cookies
To determine and track site traffic coming in from advertisement banners that have been placed on third parties' websites.
Disabling / Enabling Cookies
All browser releases from 4.0 and beyond have a 'cookie filter' imbedded in the Privacy settings.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features on our site if cookies acceptance have been disabled completely.
Whilst currently we are only using cookie in the ways we have stated out, new cookies will be implemented as necessary in order to better serve you.
We may collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes and is separated from the Data. We do not link IP addresses to any personal information. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of the Data, as well as preventing from unauthorised access and ensuring the correct use of the Data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet, to protect the Data we collect online. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are operated under different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over Data that is submitted to these third parties.
Disclosure and Transfer of Data
We may disclose and transfer Data (whether within or outside of Hong Kong) to our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates and other persons who we consider appropriate in connection with the services and products provided or to be provided to you; to facilitate communication of news and information about such services and products; and/or otherwise relating to the purposes mentioned above.
We may also disclose the Data when required by law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect our rights or properties or the rights or properties of our subsidiaries or associated companies. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
We will post on our website at www.capubs.live any changes to this policy, so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use the Data. If at any point we decide to use the Data you submitted under this current policy in the revised condition, you will be given the opportunity via the website, email or in writing to opt out or otherwise prevent from such usage.
You always have ultimate choice and control of the Data we store, as well as the types of information you would like to receive from us. When you receive our promotional materials, you will have the choice to receive, or not to receive in future, promotional materials or latest fare information from us. We will occasionally send you email or SMS updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers to those who subscribe to such services.
Should you decide not to receive any email or SMS updates from us, feel free to unsubscribe from these services by writing to us at the below email address [email protected]
This notice is written in English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail